Declare a Women’s & Gender Studies Minor

Welcome to the Women’s & Gender Studies Minor! Here are a few FAQs to get you started…

How Do I Declare the WGST Minor?

  • No forms are required.
    • The “Change of Major/Minor Form” is no longer being used by the program.
  • Send an email to the Women’s & Gender Studies Undergraduate Advisor, Kelly Finley (
    • Please provide your first and last name along with your UNC Charlotte student identification number.
    • Please clearly indicate that you wish to declare the WGST minor.
  • You will receive a confirmation email message from the Undergraduate Advisor within three business days.
  • Please allow four weeks for the “Women’s and Gender Studies” minor to appear on your record.

Who can answer questions about my WGST minor?

Please email Kelly Finley ( Provide her with your full name and UNC Charlotte ID. She can advise you on your progress toward the minor via email, over the phone, or by scheduling an individual appointment.

What classes do I need to take for my WGST minor?

Please review the Undergraduate Minor page for this information.